How to get found by employers on LinkedIn with Jorgen Sundberg
Thursday, 6 March 2014 from 18:30 to 19:45 (GMT)
LinkedIn has solidified its position as the dominant professional network in Europe and North America. More often than not, recruiters now look to LinkedIn profiles rather than CVs when choosing who to interview.
In this new environment, an ill-thought-out online profile can be even more damaging than a bad CV. This webinar aims to equip you with the understanding you need about LinkedIn (and how recruiters use it) to present yourself effectively.
The webinar covers:
The growing social media/referral recruitment model and what it means for both active and passive candidates
How recruiters now search for and source candidates
How LinkedIn's search engine processes and prioritises search results
How your profile is read and where you should focus most
What a good profile looks like
We will also look at LinkedIn etiquette and strategy and explore some powerful but less well known features of the system:
Which activities best distinguish your profile
Connecting do's and don'ts
How best to approach potential employers
Targeting and researching companies using LinkedIn
All webinar attendees are invited to fill in the event pre-survey. We will conduct a LinkedIn SEO review of up to three profiles during the webinar. If you would like to volunteer for an SEO review please indicate this in the pre-event survey.
Previous attendees: 98% would recommend
An amazing 97.9% of those giving feedback on the 2013 version of this webinar said they would recommend it to a friend. The full feedback report is here. Unsolicted feedback included the following comments:
- Hi Neil, I thought the webinar was excellent... such sensible advice and great delivery. MBA Careers Consultant
- "thanks a lot for organizing the great webcast on using LinkedIn. Certainly highly applicable". Consultant at Bain & Company
- “...very helpful”. VP Technology Innovation at SAP
- “...rich in content and gave me very good perspectives. I am planning to make the changes to my profile over this weekend.” MBA alumni
- “It was very interesting and I will be sure to implement the suggestions”. MBA Candidate, INSEAD
- “Thanks for an excellent webinar”. International HR Director
- “I really enjoyed the presentation on finding recruiters on Linkedin”. Student at Vlerick Business School
This webinar is offered on a refund-on-demand basis (if you don't like if for any reason we refund your ticket). To request a refund please email email@example.com either before or after the webinar.
Jorgen Sundberg is the cofounder and director of Link Humans (a social media consultancy and one of a handful of official LinkedIn partners). His blog - Undercover Recruiter – is the #1 recruitment and career blog in the UK and Europe. Jorgen was previously European sales director at the world's largest SAP recruitment company before a private equity buyout in 2005. Jorgen is a regular conference and business school speaker on LinkedIn, Social Recruiting and B2B Social Media Marketing and has been interviewed and quoted in The Times, The Guardian & The Australian.
Sensible Media Ltd
Sensible Media publishes online career guidance for business schools around the world. You can find out more here.