Actions and Detail Panel
How to keep your business finances in order
Thu 15 June 2017, 08:15 – 16:00 BST
CUE Ltd is offering a series of bespoke workshops through the Coventry and Warwickshire Business Support Programme, the workshops are part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
If you have an innovative Technology-based Business idea and have not yet started a business please see whether our FREE Finance workshop would help you.
Starting your own business is an exciting time. Commitment, drive, perseverance and the right support will go a long way towards transforming your business idea into reality and these factors are especially important during the early days. Many companies fail not because they are not good at their chosen trade, but are simply ill-prepared for the business world. Blue Sky and CUE Ltd offer this workshop to cover fundamental finance and accountancy related areas you should consider:
- Basic Bookkeeping/Accounting Records: including a section on cash-flow – v – accrual accounting, the adequacy and retention of records, the choice of accounting systems and the basic principles of double entry accounting.
- Financial Reporting: basic financial reports and the difference between profit/loss and cash flow.
- Payroll: including Pensions, PAYE, Holidays/Sickness, Minimum/Living Wage, Student Loans and other employment related issues.
- VAT: including cash-flow reporting, imports, exports, errors, reporting and payment timetables and dispute resolution.
- Access to Finance: including sources of finance, the SWOT analysis of each type of finance, how to go about seeking finance and the basics of financial modelling.
- Business Taxes: including the implications of being a sole-trader, a partnership or a limited company, business/personal tax reporting.
- Statutory Books: although not strictly a ‘finance’ topic this session covers the need to maintain certain corporate records, Companies House filing requirements, Statutory Books and other Company Secretarial related subject matters.
You are asked to arrive promptly at 8.15 for an 8.30am start. Refreshments and lunch are provided. Eligibility criteria exist and will be covered during the registration process.
As part of the Start-up in Warwickshire Workshop Series we will also be offering the following workshops:
- Using Social Media to your Advantage
- Marketing (including Market research/analysis)
- Business planning
- New Product Development
A similar programme of workshops will be running in Coventry.
DATA PROTECTION: This workshop is provided free to you if you meet the eligibility criteria. We will use the information you supply: A) to provide business support to you and make referrals to partners and other providers of relevant services as appropriate; B) to share with Coventry City Council / Warwickshire County Council (as Accountable Bodies for the programme) and DCLG (or their sub-contractors) for monitoring evaluation and audit purposes. We will keep all information you provide confidential and treat it in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1988.