How to motivate staff to save energy, water and waste and recycle better (E...
FREE WORKSHOP: How to motivate staff to save energy, water and waste and recycle better
Includes free parking, zoo entry and panda viewing
You can do a lot to reduce your organisation’s energy, water and raw material costs by changing equipment and processes. However, to bring about and maximise improvements for lasting benefit, it’s vital to get your colleagues on board with your resource efficiency initiatives.
This free half-day workshop has been specially designed for organisations in Scotland. Whether you’re looking to encourage staff to recycle effectively, or simply to switch off lights and other equipment when they’re not needed, this workshop will help you. Book your place and gain the skills you need to drive environmental performance improvements across your organisation.
- Learn why staff engagement is crucial to long-term resource efficiency.
- See how to develop an integrated package of interventions that will change workplace behaviour.
- Find out how to develop communications that will motivate people.
- Hear about and learn from initiatives other organisations have already had success with.
- Create a successful communication plan for motivating staff in your organisation.
The workshop will help you deliver four critical elements of staff motivation, and share free resources that will help you to quickly and professionally:
- Set up and run an effective Green Team.
- Train staff on the need to be resource efficient.
- Run eye-catching ‘off-the shelf’ communications campaigns including switch-off, leak-reporting and recycling campaigns.
- Understand priorities and run bespoke campaigns to change behaviours.
Who should attend?
Designed for anyone in your organisation who wants to influence or has direct responsibility for environmental performance and members of your management team engaged in organisational improvement.
- owners, supervisors and managers;
- health, safety and environment managers;
- environmental performance champions and green team members;
- compliance managers; and
- facilities managers.
09.15 Welcome and the principles of behaviour change
09.45 Identifying target behaviours and understanding what motivates staff
10:00 Help staff to save at home - and develop good habits they can bring to work
10:15 Developing your engagement plan
10:55 Tea/Coffee Break
11:10 Establishing a network of resource efficiency ‘champions’
11:25 Developing tailored training and delivering your behaviour change campaigns
12:40 Case studies
13.00 Networking lunch, Panda Viewing and Free Zoo Entry
Limited spaces and priority bookings:
Preference will be given to delegates from small and medium sized enterprises wishing to attend the workshop for learning purposes.
Due to the popularity of Resource Efficient Scotland workshops, places are limited to two people per organisation in the first instance. Additional colleagues, students and individuals wishing to attend to network may request a place and, if space permits, will be able to join the training.
For more information please contact email@example.com, 0808 808 2268.
Data protection: It is important to note that the information you provide Zero Waste Scotland will be treated in the strictest of confidence, except when we are required to disclose data by law or applicable regulatory requirement, including any disclosure required under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and/or any code or applicable data agreement relating to disclosure and access to information held by public bodies.
Your information will be used for service delivery and research studies by Zero Waste Scotland LTD. In addition, we will use your details to send you information about other services and products that may be of interest.
For more information visit http://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/content/data-protection-policy