Actions and Detail Panel
How to pitch stories and secure ‘exclusives’ in Scottish media - meet The S...
Tue 12 April 2016, 18:00 – 20:30 BST
The Sunday Mail feature writer Julie-Anne Barnes and Sunday Herald senior news reporter Judith Duffy have agreed to share their top tips on what makes a good news story, their key ingredients to a successful pitch and how to secure exclusive content.
This fantastic opportunity also involves a short Q&A session where guests can ask our speakers questions in a relaxed and informal setting.
- What a successful pitch looks and sounds like
- How to engage reporters via timing, topics, channels
- Tips for pitching by email and phone, and social media dos and don’ts
- The ins and outs of embargoes, desk-side briefings
- Examples of the best and worst of pitches
- Wine, soft drinks and nibbles are available on arrival included in ticket price.