Actions and Detail Panel
How to prepare for a Gift Aid audit
Thu 3 November 2016, 13:30 – 16:45 GMT
This course will go through the complete soup to nuts of the audit, from the first notification, through the preparation, and an ‘Interactive Mock Gift Aid Audit’
At the end of the course delegates will have learned:
- First and foremost, if your charity has been selected for an audit, it does not automatically mean that you have done something wrong or that HMRC suspect anything. An audit is just what HMRC do!
- The basic background to HMRC undertaking a Gift Aid Audit – Why they are doing it and what they expect.
- How to prepare for the audit – what documentation, processes and procedures are required
- How this should be prepared and presented to ensure that HMRC’s job is as simple and straight forward as possible.
- What to do if HMRC determines that the audit does not meet their requirements – how this can be corrected.
- Finalising and agreeing the result of HMRC, and negotiating any re- payments and/or penalties
Trainer: Barry Gower, MD of Gift Aid recovery specialists GAIN
Kindly hosted by Blackbaud - fundraising tools for nonprofits