Actions and Detail Panel
How To Raise Multilingual Children - an Introduction
Fri 19 May 2017, 12:30 – 14:00 BST
*** NEW VENUE ***
Discover the particularities of your situation, face myths and personal biases, and learn about the two main approaches to introducing languages from the start. However far in your journey you are, this workshop helps you put your efforts into perspective. Who are you and why do you feel so different from your friends?
This is the first workshop in our series on "How to Raise Multilingual Children". This workshop focusses on the "WHAT" and uses creative techniques and interaction to discover your path.
* Elizabeth House is located in the heart of Highbury, 10 minutes walking distance from Arsenal or Finsbury Park tube station. Bus number 19, 4, and 236 stop next door. It's tree-lined street offers two playgrounds and entertainment for every child. Tea, coffee, and fruit will be provided, we kindly invite you to bring your own lunch to have on site.
In this workshop you will
- meet other parents
- discover which group you belong to
- what your particular challenges are
- which myths and biases you carry
- and learn about the two main systems to introduce languages
At the end you will know:
This is my group
These are my challenges
This is my system