San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
“Got a Problem? => Get a Solution!”
(or “GAPGAS” as we like to call it!)
So what's this "GAPGAS" malarkey all about?
- Is there something stopping your venture taking off?
- Do you need advice on your product or how to sell it?
- Want to get a feedback from a room full of experience?
=> Then "GAPGAS" is for you!
The basic premise is to help you solve your current startup problems by giving you an opportunity to briefly explain what you are struggling with to the audience, and they, along with our expert speakers, will suggest solutions for you. In essence, this will be live crowd-sourced problem-solving exercise.
This event is open to everyone, whether you’re interested in getting a problem solved; or if you don’t have any problems (lucky you!) you may just want to impart and share your years of wisdom, knowledge and experience to help your fellow startups; or you may just want to come and learn about and see what others are doing and working on.
How saying 'No’can be good for business
Rich Clayton is a bit of a Superstar.
He leads Monkey Mischeif, a passionate team of designers and creatives with some very big ideas. They work with Start-Ups, established businesses, and enterprise clients to create unique solutions for interesting challenges. He has geat stories to tell about working with Loaded Magazine.
In this talk he will share:
- How saying no (on behalf of a client) to what was one of the worlds best advertising agencies led to him to getting a promotion and building one of the top 5 brands in the UK (as voted for by Superbrands)
- How saying no (to a marketing strategy) and as a result, pivoting a business, allowing them to specify a new audience, better functionality, and as a result have a rapidly expanding SAAS business.
- How saying no (on behalf of his self and his values) to a client (and firing them) led to the most rapid expansion in his business to date and a new understanding of partnerships
- How saying no to a (now former) business partner led to them winning 2 awards for their work on a national magazine and everything that followed. This is where he will tell you great stories about Loaded magazine!
6.00pm - Doors open
6.30pm - Event starts with welcome from organisers
6.35pm - Presentation begins
7.00pm - Q&A
7.10pm - Open GaP?->GaS! session (your chance to get your problems solved)
8.00pm - Networking
9.00pm - Close
We do have a couple of simple ground rules we'd like you to abide by and which help us keep the event effective and flowing, which are as follows:
- DO state who you and your company are
- DO give context to your startup problem by giving a BRIEF synopsis of what your company does
- DO state clearly and specifically what problem you are struggling to solve
- DON'T answer back to suggestions/solutions being given (save this for the networking afterwards)
- DON'T pitch/demo your business (whether for investment, co-founders or anything else). We have other events for that.
Of course there will be plenty of time for networking and socialising as always afterwards and if you’re really good, we’ll even provide some food and drink.
At our GAPGAS events, we use Glisser which allows you to interact with the presentation in real time by allowing you to see the slides on y our devices (laptops, tablets, phones, etc.) as well as ask and upvote questions, make notes and much more. If you'd like to join in this event using Glisser, simply click here.
PS - If you would like to be one of the guest speakers, please email email@example.com for more details and/or to apply.
PPS - If you would like to become one of our sponsors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and/or a sponsorship pack.
Save This Event
When & Where
Hipsters, Hackers & Hustlers
HHH is the largest community of tech startups in the UK with 35,000 members and growing.
Our mission is to inspire, educate and support tech startups to become fully fledged, successful businesses by providing them with innovative events, valuable resources, useful products and services, powerful introductions and all with a giant dollop of fun.
Come find out more here -> http://www.hipsters-hackers-hustlers.com