The South Tyneside Business Forum (STBF) are pleased to be hosting a ‘How to sell to the MOD’ event on Tuesday 05 July 2016 at One Trinity Green, Eldon Street, South Shields, NE33 1SA.
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) is British industry’s largest single customer with a spend of approximately £19.8Bn procuring a wide variety of products and services to support the Armed Forces.
Delivered by Philip Margerison from the Defence Supplier’ Service (DSS) the presentation will include:
- An outline of some of the measures MOD has put in place to encourage and make it easier for SMEs to bid for work in the defence and security sectors.
- How to become a defence supplier.
- Some of the procedures and processes that MOD uses to buy a wide variety of products and services.
- How to access MOD tender and contract opportunities on-line and free of charge.
It’s not just all about ships, fast jets and weapon systems, the MOD buys a wide variety of products and services from clothing, food, furniture, medical supplies, construction, print and consultancy services to name but a few.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity for business’ of any size to find out ‘How to sell to the MOD’.
PLUS we also have ...
Selling to South Tyneside Council
The Council spends approx. £125M pa on goods, services and works and endeavours to maximise that spend locally. The procurement activity is carried out by the Corporate Procurement team within BT South Tyneside. Officers from the team will be explaining how you can potentially do business with the Council.
- 8.00am to 8.30am – arrive & register
- 8.30am to 9.30am – ‘How to sell to the MOD’
- 9.30am to 9.40am – ‘Selling to South Tyneside Council
- 9.40am to 10.00am – questions & close
Tickets are priced at £6 to cover the cost of a breakfast sandwich & fruit plus refreshments.
If you have any questions regarding this event please call Adrian on 07813655898.
When & Where
South Tyneside Business Forum
The South Tyneside Business Forum is an independent organisation run by, and for, members of the South Tyneside business community.