Actions and Detail Panel
How to turn your idea into a novel with Jill Dawson
Sat, December 3, 2016, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM GMT
An inspirational workshop that will help you to get your novel out of your head and onto the page, with award-winning author Jill Dawson
If you have an idea for a novel, this inspiring class will help you to stop procrastinating and dive into writing. You’ll get involved in practical exercises where you’ll dream up scenes, play with images and flesh out characters. You’ll also learn the essentials of synopsis-writing, structure and storytelling, as well as how to boost productivity.
Suitable for writers of all levels, it’s the ideal class to help you to get your novel out of your head and onto the page.
- How to stop procrastinating and start writing
- Identifying research that needs to be done, and the best ways to go about it
- Developing scenes, settings and establishing a voice
- How to create and flesh out characters
- Story, themes, structure and shape
- The essentials of synopsis-writing
- How to make time in your life for writing
- Writing activities, with opportunity for feedback on work carried out during the class