Actions and Detail Panel
How to use Instagram to build your brand
Mon, February 6, 2017, 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM GMT
Learn how to use this increasingly popular photo-sharing app to benefit your business
Instagram is a fantastic way to build your brand’s online presence. During this three-hour masterclass with social media consultant Julie Falconer, you’ll learn why the most successful brands are incorporating images into their marketing strategies – and how you can use Instagram to increase your own following.
The course covers the key elements of great Instagram images, and offers in-depth advice on how to engage with customers and build communities around your brand. Plus, you’ll get involved in fun practical exercises on your smartphone or tablet, where you’ll learn how to make your content stand out from the crowd.
- How can Instagram benefit your business or brand?
- Creating a compelling profile
- The key elements of good Instagram photography
- Growing your presence on Instagram – including using hashtags and @ mentions to best effect
- Tips for using Instagram to engage with new and existing customers
- How to build communities around your brand
- Using Instagram to achieve goals for your business or personal brand
- How to monitor the impact and success of your content
- Practical exercises with opportunity for feedback: use your smartphone or tablet to create and edit images during the class
- Q&A and group discussion
This course is for you if…
- You have a business or personal brand you’d like to grow through Instagram
- You work in marketing or PR and want to improve your ability to use Instagram as part of your job
- Attendees should be familiar with the basics of Instagram and have an account they can log into during the class
- In order to take part in practical exercises, attendees should bring along a smartphone or tablet (and charger) with the Instagram app installed
Julie Falconer is a London-based writer and consultant. She runs the award-winning blog A Lady in London, for which she has developed a strong social media presence on Instagram. She has been listed as a top 20 travel Instagrammer by Esquire and Harper’s Bazaar, and Instagram has highlighted her as a suggested user. Julie teaches and lectures about blogging and social media in London and throughout the world.