Learn how to use this increasingly popular photo-sharing app to benefit your business.
Instagram is a fantastic way to build your brand’s online presence. During this three-hour masterclass with social media consultant Julie Falconer, you’ll learn why the most successful brands are incorporating images into their marketing strategies – and how you can use Instagram to increase your own following.
Whether you work in marketing or PR, or want to grow your own business, you’ll receive in-depth advice on how to create great Instagram images and build communities around your brand.
- How can Instagram benefit your business or brand?
- Creating a compelling profile
- The key elements of good Instagram photography
- Growing your presence on Instagram – including using hashtags and @ mentions to best effect
- Tips for using Instagram to engage with new and existing customers
- How to build communities around your brand
- Using Instagram to achieve goals for your business or personal brand
- How to monitor the impact and success of your content
- Practical exercises with opportunity for feedback: use your smartphone or tablet to create and edit images during the class
- Q&A and group discussion
This course is for you if…
- You have a business or personal brand you’d like to grow through Instagram
- You work in marketing or PR and want to improve your ability to use Instagram as part of your job
- Attendees should be familiar with the basics of Instagram and have an account they can log into during the class.
- In order to take part in practical exercises, attendees should bring along a smartphone or tablet (and charger) with the Instagram app installed.
Julie Falconer is a London-based writer and consultant. She runs the award-winning blog A Lady in London, for which she has developed a strong social media presence on Instagram. She has been listed as a top 20 travel Instagrammer by Esquire and Harper’s Bazaar, and Instagram has highlighted her as a suggested user. Julie teaches and lectures about blogging and social media in London and throughout the world.
Save This Event
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.