Do you know who’s reading your Annual Report and why it’s important?
The Charity Commission requires all registered charities to include a report as part of their annual accounts. Trusts, Grant funders and Commissioners will often ask for a copy of your annual accounts to accompany an application letter or a bid.
It’s worth being aware that funders are not just looking at your income and expenditure they are also assessing you based on your annual report.
But what are they looking for? During this course we will take you through the key steps in producing an effective annual report including:
- Understanding the reasons and regulatory requirements for writing an annual report.
- Understanding who your target audience is and what they are looking for.
- Taking on an appropriate writing style for your target audience.
- What content to include and in what format.
- What not to do.
- How to address bad news.
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the range of legal requirements for producing a charity annual report in 2016 and how to comply with these requirements to Charity Commission standards.
- Have a clear understanding of how you can make full use of your charity's annual report to impress potential funders.
- Have a better understanding of what to include in your annual report.
- Know how to apply your learning and measure the success of your annual report.
This training is designed for staff or volunteers who have responsibility for preparing the annual accounts and/ or writing the annual report.
The course price includes refreshments and a training pack to take away.
This training will be delivered by Mark Hopley, Deputy Chief Executive, a qualified trainer and has extensive experience of supporting charities to secure new support both in cash and in kind.
If you have any questions about the training content please contact Mark Hopley (email@example.com). If you have any queries regarding booking or would like to request an invoice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01423 504074.
When & Where
Harrogate & Ripon Centres for Voluntary Service
Harrogate & Ripon Centres for Voluntary Service is registered charity specialising in providing support for staff and volunteers working in the Voluntary Sector.
Our courses cover a wide range of topics including: fundraising, governance and volunteer management and attract attendees from across the UK.
All our trainers are PTTLS qualified and have extensive experience of delivering training for both the voluntary and statutory sectors.