'How To'...network (the connections game)
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (GMT)
(the connections game)
What have students and graduates been saying about our events....
"The most useful workshop I have been to in my one year as a postgraduate. It is the most practical experience that a student can get whether or not they decide to start a business. It is knowledge that is invaluable and priceless" – Rabi Sule
"It’s an event for everyone to attend because it adds an entrepreneur skill to already acquired academic knowledge" - Oluwabamise Afolabi
"I would recommend this event to all students and staff as it has given me confidence to contemplate starting my own business" – Glenys Jones
"Lively and involving event from start to finish. Every speaker was encapsulating and throughout knowledgeable. Fantastic all round! – Richard Derbyshire
What can I expect?
So it’s not what you know it’s who you know.... This fun session will introduce some practical networking tips.
Your network is one of the most powerful resources you will ever ‘own’.
This practical session will introduce the importance of networking and help you develop some crucial skills for the future. Through an interactive connections game come expecting to have fun, meet lots of new people and talk (A LOT!).
Studies have shown the most important factor in any start-up business is the network of the entrepreneur. Whether you are interesting in being your own boss or just want to improve your entrepreneurial capability and develop key job winning skills then come along and have fun!
By attending this session you will:
- Meet new people
- Learn how to build effective relationships
- Develop some crucial entrepreneurial skills
The event is FREE, so it can’t hurt to come along. It is aimed at individuals that have an interest in developing job winning entrepreneruship skills or who might be thinking about starting a community project, social enterprise or business. Even if you decide starting a business isn’t right for you, you will still meet some really interesting people.
- 'How To' is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012, 12-18th November 2012.
- These events are for students or recent graduates (gradudated since 2008) living in the Northwest of Engald only, they are not open to all members of the public. A sign in sheet will be used for every event to record details of attendees. If you would like to discuss your registration for an event then please contact Jon Powell at email@example.com.
- By signing up for this event you confirm you will be attending on the day.
- A photographer may be present to record activities which may be used for post event publicity. If you would not like your photograph to be used then please contact Jon Powell (Lancaster University Enterprise Champion) in advance of the event at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event is organised in association with the Northwest Enterprise Champion project, part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Due to funding eligibility only students and graduates from EU countries are eligible for this event.
When & Where
Lancaster University How To...
‘How To’has been organised by Lancaster University to help our students develop skills and behaviours that will give them the edge in the future. ‘How To’ is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012, a worldwide movement encouraging people from all walks of life to be more enterprising in all that they do.
Please register for each event by selecting it below.