'How To'...think like a leader
Thursday, November 15, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (GMT)
'How To'...think like a leader
What have students and graduates been saying about our events....
"The most useful workshop I have been to in my one year as a postgraduate. It is the most practical experience that a student can get whether or not they decide to start a business. It is knowledge that is invaluable and priceless" – Rabi Sule
"It’s an event for everyone to attend because it adds an entrepreneur skill to already acquired academic knowledge" - Oluwabamise Afolabi
"I would recommend this event to all students and staff as it has given me confidence to contemplate starting my own business" – Glenys Jones
"Lively and involving event from start to finish. Every speaker was encapsulating and throughout knowledgeable. Fantastic all round! – Richard Derbyshire
What can I expect?
How to… think like a leader is delivered by the OTC (Officers Training Corps).
Unashamedly with a military aspect this event teaches you the different theories of leadership and their practical application.
Practice problem solving by applying military techniques, and develop your communication and team working skills by cooperating in groups to achieve the best outcome in complex scenario.
This workshop counts as an Insight course as part of the Lancaster Award.
By attending this session you will:
- Skills to make things happen
- Decision making and judgement skills
- Learn about personality types and team building
- Problem solving opportunities
The event is FREE, so it can’t hurt to come along. It is aimed at individuals that have an interest in developing job winning entrepreneruship skills or who might be thinking about starting a community project, social enterprise or business. Even if you decide starting a business isn’t right for you, you will still meet some really interesting people.
- 'How To' is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012, 12-18th November 2012.
- These events are for students or recent graduates (gradudated since 2008) living in the Northwest of Engald only, they are not open to all members of the public. A sign in sheet will be used for every event to record details of attendees. If you would like to discuss your registration for an event then please contact Jon Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By signing up for this event you confirm you will be attending on the day.
- A photographer may be present to record activities which may be used for post event publicity. If you would not like your photograph to be used then please contact Jon Powell (Lancaster University Enterprise Champion) in advance of the event at email@example.com.
- This event is organised in association with the Northwest Enterprise Champion project, part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Due to funding eligibility only students and graduates from EU countries are eligible for this event.
When & Where
Lancaster University How To...
‘How To’has been organised by Lancaster University to help our students develop skills and behaviours that will give them the edge in the future. ‘How To’ is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012, a worldwide movement encouraging people from all walks of life to be more enterprising in all that they do.
Please register for each event by selecting it below.