We would like to invite you to a workshop which will first explain how Visa-based gift card programmes are being used in Scandinavia as well as the UK to lock in significant spend for local businesses - and then explore how these programmes might be used to create Visitor passes and loyalty programmes.
Joining us will be Pétur Björn Jónsson who will provide an overview of how these projects have been delivered in more than 35 Scandinavian towns/cities, profiling the most successful projects and the key factors that are required for success.
Also joining us on the day will be Leigh Brown, Perth City Centre Manager and Chair of the ATCM in Scotland. Leigh will explain how the Perth gift card programme has provided a tool to help engage and unite the business community as well encouraging local residents to spend more money in Perth city centre.
Anticipated outcomes for the day:
• Understanding of the Visa prepaid infrastructure
• Understanding of the options for implementing this type of project
• Understanding of the key elements required for a successful project
13:00 - 14:30 Presentations:
• Colin Munro, Managing Director, Miconex - Overview of The Perth Gift Card programme, how it is set up and the processes required to facilitate the program.
• Pétur Björn Jónsson, Presend - overview of gift card programmes in Scandinavia and profiles of the most successful programmes.
• Leigh Brown, City Centre Manager, Perth and Kinross Council - A city centre manager's perspective, why this is an important project for Perth and plans for future development.
14:30 - 15:00 - Coffee and Networking
15:00 - 16:00 - Workshop exploring different potential uses for the programme.
* This is a FREE event.
Also, Associates or Town Leaders who register to attend will qualify for 50% off the cost of an annual Revive & Thrive membership. Options and further details here