Actions and Detail Panel
HR digest - the essential 'need to knows' when setting up your business
Thu 25 May 2017, 10:00 – 12:00
Delivered by Endeavour Partnership LLP, this workshop will give clear and practical advice on getting to grips with the basics of HR when setting up your new business.
The workshop will cover a wide range of topics which you as a business owner need to be aware of.
Jessica Maine, Employment Law Trainee Solicitor, The Endeavour Partnership LLP
Graduating from the University of Leeds in 2012, before joining The Endeavour Partnership LLP, Jessica previously worked in a number of local legal practices. Jessica spent time practising in areas such as conveyancing, employment and housing. She also won the David Gray Solicitors prize for the best performance in Housing Law (2013).
Who should attend:
This workshop is particularly beneficial to pre-start and start-up businesses.
On the day you will:
- Learn the basics of what an employee and employer is
- Get to grips with recruitment
- Have the National minimum wage explained
- Learn about the National living wage
- Learn about employees rights - the basics on holiday entitlement, statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity pay
- Learn about dealing with disciplinary and grievance matters
- Hear about Apprenticeships - the latest on how to recruit
10:00 - Registration & Introductions
10.15 - Workshop Part 1
11.00 - Break
11.15 - Workshop Part 2
12:00 - Finish & Networking
Free parking is available at the Materials Processing Institute
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions regarding this Workshop, please contact us at:
Tel: 01642 382000
This Workshop is being hosted by the Materials Processing Institute as part of the Tees Valley Business Compass Start Up Programme.