Actions and Detail Panel
HR Essentials: How to Get the Best out of your Staff
Thu 27 April 2017, 10:00 – 12:00 BST
Be prepared - Get the people side of your business right
As the owner or manager you may have clear ideas of how you want to grow your business, but:
Are you struggling to understand employment contracts and statutory entitlements for staff?
Are you spending money on recruitment, only to find your new recruits don't perform, resulting in extra time spent on staff management?
Would you like to know simple HR processes and tips so you can get the best from your staff for business growth?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, Join our HR expert and find out how to get in right.
Aim of the workshop
An interactive workshop to support new and established business owners understand the legal requirements of an employer, and how HR can support businesses to get the best out their staff for business growth.
What will be covered
- Understating employment law in relation to statutory entitlements and discrimination
- Implementing good recruitment processes
- HR Policies
- Good management practises to avoid poor performance and grievances
Who should attend?
Business owners and those with line management or HR responsibility
Benefits (something tangible you are offering / or they will leave with / or be able to do as a result)
- Understanding the different types of employment contracts and how they can work for your business
- Considering statutory minimum requirements and where you may wish to offer enhanced terms
- Defining what it is you are actually looking for and how to get the best from your selection and probation process
- How you can ensure your employees are doing what you want them to do, in the way you need them to do it!
We are also looking to streamline adviser specialist areas so we know who is best suited for which type of business enquiry. I know you work under the broad heading of HR but please provide the following:-
1. Based on your areas of strength do you have any particular aspects of HR that you would like to focus on within this programme?
HR Policies and Documents
Managing employee issues – sickness absence, disciplinaries, grievances, performance issues, probationary
Pay & Reward
2. Do you require the businesses you work with to meet any particular criteria? If yes, what are these (for example, a minimum number of employees)
Businesses need to directly employ at least two members of staff.