HR Essentials Workshop
Tuesday, 9 May 2017 from 09:30 to 13:00 (BST)
HR is a vital function in any organisation. If you manage HR matters you are dealing with delicate and confidential issues which need to be handled correctly and lawfully.
With an average award of £12,362 (max £238,216) for unfair dismissal and £23,478 (max £557,039) for sex discrimination (plus legal fees and reputation damage) the cost to your business could be devastating.
The primary focus of this workshop is to provide participants with a broad but practical overview of the human resource function. Jayne Hart from The HR Dept will lead the workshop which will include information regarding your responsibilities as an employer from the beginning to the end of the employment relationship. You will learn essential knowledge on how to manage areas such as:
Employment status and contract types
Employment Law – discrimination, tribunals
Difficult Conversations: disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence
End of Employment
Ideal for anyone who has responsibility for HR within their Organisation.
We intentionally keep our groups small to enable time for discussion and questions, therefore early booking is essential.
Click here to find out more about The HR Dept and how we support small businesses.
Save This Event
When & Where
The HR Dept Newcastle
Providing HR support and advice to businesses based in the Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead area. This includes:
* Creating tailored employment contracts and employment policies that protect your business
* Dismissing employees fairly (backed up with employment tribunal insurance)
* Recruiting exceptional staff
* Psychometric testing and Occupational Personality Questionnaires (OPQs)
* Retaining and incentivising top performing employees
* Workforce Planning
* TUPE transfers (backed up with employment tribunal insurance)
* Absence and Performance Management
* Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
The HR Dept works with a wide range of businesses including:
* Professional services
* Engineers, construction companies and Trades
* Property and estate agents
* High tech, web and IT companies