Davenport Solicitors and EvolutionHR are joining forces to present you with a knowledge packed morning HR workshop. This is a unique opportunity to learn from Vandana Dass, head of employment law at Davenport Solicitors, Kate Marks and Niki Winsor, HR consultants from EvolutionHR. You will rarely have the chance to gain knowledge from three such experts in one place at one time.
The seminar focuses on the specific challenges and needs facing small businesses where every person that you employ plays a key part and you need to ensure you get the best performance from them to gain the best performance from your company.
PERFORMANCE: PRACTICE, PROBLEMS AND PRESCRIPTIONS
This session will cover the following:
- Practice: How to monitor performance, appraisals but also less formal methods and retention strategies.
- Problems: How to deal with those who are not performing, using informal methods and building up towards formal methods.
- Prescriptions: How to resolve using formal methods such as disciplinary process on grounds of capability, etc.
Time: 9am – 12pm
- 9.00 Registration
- 9.30 Practice: How to monitor performance, appraisals but also less formal methods and retention strategies.
- 10.15 Problems: How to deal with those who are not performing, using informal methods and building up towards formal methods
- 11.00 Short break
- 11.15 Prescriptions: How to resolve using formal methods such as disciplinary process on grounds of capability, etc.
- 12.00 Networking
Spaces are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment
About the speakers
In 2003, Kate Marks founded evolutionhr, a London-based training and generalist HR consultancy to SMEs in a variety of sectors. She speaks regularly on HR related issues and also teaches the HR elements of various professional qualifications. Kate holds an MBA, a Masters in Human Resources Strategies and is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Vandana is a specialist HR and Employment Law Solicitor with over 9 years experience solely in Employment Law. She represents both national and international clients from a wide range of industry sectors. She regularly advises businesses on the correct internal disciplinary and grievance procedures and provides practical HR support to organisations in particular SME’s.
Vandana is experienced in drafting bespoke employment contracts, Director Service Agreements, consultancy agreements, bespoke clauses, employment policies and procedures, advising on exit strategies, negotiating golden handshakes and severance packages.
Areas of expertise includes:
All forms of discrimination
Re-structuring and TUPE
Breach of contract
High value bonus claims
Vandana is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association, European Employment Lawyers Association and International Bar Association.