HR's role in creating inclusive workplaces: a spotlight on LGBT issues using LCC as a case study
Wednesday, 2 March 2016 from 18:00 to 20:00 (GMT)
Andrew Murphy is chair of Leicestershire County Council’s LGBT Workers’ Group, and a Learning and Development manager. His session will cover:
• What’s it got to do with work’? discussion around the benefits for organisations of having an inclusive culture, where people feel able to be themselves.
• Tips on how to create an inclusive workplace and the role HR policy and practice can play in this
• Some scenarios around how managers can inadvertently get things wrong when dealing with staff sexual orientation/gender identity
• The part that workers’ groups can play in supporting organisations, with examples of some of the things we have done in LCC
• Q and A session, with opportunity to discuss issues frankly.
What time do I need to arrive at the event?
Please arrive at 18:00 for registration, the session will then run from 18:30 to 20:00. Coffee and biscuits will be available on arrival
Is there car parking at the event?
Car parking is available at Beaumanor Hall
What is the refund policy?
The event is free for CIPD members to attend. Non-member places may be cancelled up to 1 week before the event, after that the £12 fee is non-refundable.