Actions and Detail Panel
IAG Recruitment Day for Teachers - 26 March 2017
Sun 26 March 2017, 10:00 – 14:30 BST
Are you up for the challenge of opening a brand new school?
The International Academy of Greenwich (IAG) is a new school. We opened with 95 Year 7 students in September 2016 and will open a Sixth Form when our new building is ready in September 2019. Students will study the International Baccalaureate (IB) in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 alongside GCSEs at KS4.
This is a “once in a lifetime” opportunity for ambitious, talented, hard working staff to work alongside our Principal, Ms Smita Bora, a successful and experienced headteacher. As the school expands, fast track leadership opportunities will arise for founding members of staff.
IAG's vision is to offer excellent education which will harness and build on the linguistic and cultural diversity in Greenwich and nearby Boroughs. We will offer: a truly broad and balanced curriculum; high academic standards; strong linguistic and communication skills; access to top universities in the UK and abroad; the passport to an international job market; Active Citizenship skills and respect for other cultures; and enhanced self-confidence.
We would be delighted if you could attend our Recruitment Day. Please contact us if you are a teacher, or training to be a teacher, and you have:
- Strong belief in IAG's vision and the IB Learner Profile
- An ambitious, “whatever it takes” and “no excuses” approach to the highest attainment and behaviour standards for all students compared with local, national and international measures, regardless of their background
- Enthusiastic passion for your subject and excellent subject knowledge, with the skills and expertise to integrate this with promotion of literacy and numeracy through personalised and interdisciplinary approaches
- A sense of moral purpose as a child-centred professional
- A conscientious and evidence-based approach to your work, completing tasks efficiently and to a high standard, including research, planning and assessment of the curriculum
- A willingness to accept feedback from all stakeholders including students, parents, staff and other professionals, with a desire to be reflective and analytical of your own practice
- The capacity to develop leadership skills in yourself and others, with a view to running your own school some time in the future
- The ability to solve problems creatively; a great practitioner with originality and flair.
For more information about our school please visit: www.iaog.org.uk
To sign up for job alerts please visit www.iaog.org.uk/recruitment
Date and Time
The International Academy of Greenwich
1st Floor, King's Church
21, Meadowcourt Road