Actions and Detail Panel
IBP [Integrated Business Planning] Complimentary Seminar
Tue 28 March 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Integrated Business Planning [IBP] is a business process which is essntial in these volatile times. However, few companies succesfully run a formal process each month, which creates an agreed revised plan based on one version of the truth. Too many companies run with management teams running in individual silos. They are trying to mange with multiple sets of numbers maintained in too many spreadsheets. They are exhausted, battling with too much firefighting.
If you want to run with one set of numbers, one version of the truth, working as one team, then come along to this seminar to find out the theory and the practise behind IBP.
Rupert Tubbs Head of SOP at Weetabix will demonstrate how they took the Delos IBP model and applied it to the challenging market of breakfast cereals.
Dave Manning, Roger Ablett and Richard Watkins will share 30 years of experience of developing SOP and IBP and will give a pragmatic view of what it is and how to implement it. We will show how to get rid of firefighting, operate with one set of numbers, and allow the senior team to get on with delivering the strategy.
See our website to find out more about what we do at www.delospartnership.com.
Fundamentally companies need to get away from creating a budget and then reporting against it. Even worse is waiting till the back end of the financial year, before you have visibility of the following year. The key principles are that there should be:
- A Rolling 30 month forecast
- Complete integration between volume and value forecasts and supply plans
- A monthly updated financial cash flow and profit forecast compared to business plan
- A formal set of meetings enabling decisions to be made about the longer-term
- Clear performance measures in place - Sales and Marketing accountable for Forecast accuracy and Operations accountable for schedule achievement [not efficiency!]
- Inventory should be the responsibility of Sales and Marketing and not the Supply Chain Director.
- The numbers should be based on the truth and not "alternative facts"
If you don't do all of that today, then do come along, and enjoy a day out finding out how to operate a totally different way. It will also mean you will increase profitability and improve cash flow - essential in these troubled times.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Between Manchester and Macclesfield, Mottram Hall is easily accessible from north and south via the following motorways: M6, M56 and M60.
Manchester International Airport is approximately 15 minutes drive away.
Wilmslow station is 3 miles from Mottram Hall and Macclesfield station is approximately 3.5 miles away.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Contact Hellie Dullehan on 01789450568 or firstname.lastname@example.org