ICT Conference for Teachers
Tuesday 14th June 2011
1.30pm - 8.30pm
at Coventry University
No charge for attending, but registration is essential.
Who should attend:
Teachers using ICT in the classroom from primary to sixth form, careers teachers, anyone interested in ICT education, from Coventry, Warwickshire and surrounding areas.
ICT&L: Inspiring Innovative Classroom Teaching and Learning
- Enhancing the use and teaching of ICT in the classroom
- Future visions of ICT teachers and educationalists
- Industry and product developments
- Higher Education, pedagogy and practice, funding and changes
- Careers in Computing and IT
- Professional body support for computing and IT: CAS, BCS, IET
- Launch of Schools Competition 2011-12
Who should attend? Teachers using ICT in the classroom from primary to sixth form, careers teachers, school governors, IT technicians, anyone interested in ICT and computing education in Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull or South Leicestershire.
Contributions welcome from local teachers: workshops, presentations, posters, work displays.
- Arrival and Registration from 13:30-18:00
- 13.30 – 14:00 Refreshments, networking
- 14:00 – 14.10 Introduction to conference
- 14.10 – 14.30 Peter Bower, 360 Degree Safe
- 14.30 – 14:50 Peter Every: Inspiring students to learn
- 14.50 – 15.10 Refreshments, networking, posters, trade stands
- 15.15 – 16:05 Choice of workshops 1 (see below)
- 16.15 – 17:10 Choice of workshops 2
- 17.10 – 18:00 Buffet and networking, posters, trade stands
- Launch of BCS schools’ competition 2011 - 2012
- 18:00 - 18:10 Welcome and introduction to evening session
- 18:10 – 18:30 Peter Ward, IBM, SMS for Life
- 18:35 – 19:25 Choice of workshops 3
- 19:30 – 20:00 Panel questions and discussion
- 20:00 - 20:30 Networking, conference close, Refreshments
- UK Higher Education after 2012
- Setting up a teacher hub
- Activity led learning
- Scratch workshop
- Emotion in virtual worlds
- Android App Inventor
- Data/Maths workshop
- "Show and Tell" good practice
- Creativity in Education with Lego
- Apple, Mobile Applications
- Games in Education: Serious Games
- Why Computing?
Updated information will be sent to all who register.
For further information please contact:
Irene Glendinning (02476 888223) email@example.com
or check the BCS Coventry Branch web site: coventry.bcs.org