San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ideas Lab – Discover how to be an innovative thinker
Thursday March 16th, 1pm – 4pm, Hugh Fraser, Wolfson Medical Building
Changes in the world of work mean some jobs will disappear, others will grow and jobs that don’t even exist today will become commonplace. We don’t yet know what the future economy will look like, but graduates who can spot opportunities for new products or services or suggest new ways of doing business will always be highly sought after.
Come along to the Ideas Lab on 16th March and discover how to innovate so you, as a Social and Political Science student, can stand out in your future employment.
Working with a case study in the field of healthcare, you will use your creativity to come up with ideas for products and services that meet people’s needs.
You’ll also have the chance to hear from Josh Horsman, a Glasgow University student working at MindMate, one of Scotland’s most successful new start-ups. MindMate is an assistance platform to help people with dementia retain their cognitive function for longer founded by a joint team from Glasgow and Strathclyde University.
Come along and gain:
- An understanding of how to spot opportunities
- The ability to stand in someone else’s shoes and empathise with their needs
- A chance to communicate ideas in a compelling way and gain support from others
- A set of tools and techniques to develop your creative thinking
- The confidence to make an impact in your field