San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
_The Ido Portal Weekend Movement Experience (Movement-X)
Ido Portal Ido is a movement artist and teacher that offers a unique, holistic perspective on movement-health-performance using his knowledge in nutrition, exercise physiology, anatomy and various body-mind systems.
Ido started training at an early age in traditional martial arts.
Later in the age of 15 he immersed himself in the study of the Afro-Brazilian Capoeira. Ido was part of the first generation to bring this art into the public’s eye through his work in the media and through teaching children, teenagers and adults in his classes in Haifa, Israel.
In 2003/4 Ido has opened up his second training center – a facility that combined the first official Capoeira training center and the first ‘Hardcore Fitness Box.
Throughout his search to better his own body, mind and movement Ido has extensively researched many subjects, getting into official and unofficial studies of anatomy, physiology, training methodology and science as well as various arts, sports and mind-body practices.
Among other subjects, Ido has researched Gymnastics, Boxing, Dance and movement, Rock Climbing, Yoga and various Martial Arts.
Drawing upon these various practices, Ido has formulated his own approach to teaching movement and the development of various physical capacities as well as well as how the body should be moved, what should it be fed and so on.
Nowadays Ido is dedicating his time to traveling the world and spreading his ideas and methods through various mediums:
CrossFit Performance 360 are happy to be hosting Ido movement experience (movement x) weekend on the 7th and 8th of September 2013.
Mobility - Hand balancing - Gymnastics Strength - Locomotion
In this two day event we will be exploring a variety of movement concepts and systemized practices:
1. Mobility - from isolated/integrated joint mobility to the subject of bulletproofing the body through Joint Prep practices.
2. Loaded Progressive Stretching (LPS) - a system of stretches for increasing functional range of motion in adults in the
quickest, safest and most efficient manner.
3. Handbalancing - the process behind achieving a solid freestanding handstand. If you think kicking up against and wall
and just trying again and again will get you there, you are up for a surprise. Other positions taught and explored: the Elbow
Lever and One Arm Elbow Lever.
4. Gymanstics Oriented Strength Development - progressions towards Gymnastics Ring Work from Muscle Ups to Ring Routines,
One Arm Chin Ups, Planches and Front Levers, corrective exercises for shoulder health and more...
5. Locomotion - an exploration of various low gate movement patterns used for strength, conditioning, mobility, increasing movement
complexity and digesting movement material
The cost of this 2 day event is £455. Only 20 space available. Please purchase ticket as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.