IEEE & Discovery Services Workshop
Reserve your seat today!
Following on from the hugely popular Workshops held at UK institutions earlier in 2015, the IEEE will be hosting an "IEEE & Discovery Services" Workshop at the University of Edinburgh on Monday 8th February 2016.
The Workshop, aimed at Library staff members at academic institutions who have subscriptions to IEEE content, will provide an insight into the discoverability of IEEE's content with resource discovery service vendor tools.
The IEEE would be delighted if you could join us for this insightful Workshop.
Register now - seats are limited!
During the "IEEE & Discovery Services" Workshop you will:
- Have an overview of IEEE's partnerships with resource discovery service vendors
- Learn about the effect of discovery services on usage of IEEE subscriptions.
- Get best practice advice on setting up IEEE Xplore subscription's in discovery services
- Understand ways in which to check your subscriptions are being fully discoverable
- Learn of case studies of where resources are not as discoverable as institutions thought they were
- Common pitfalls that affect subscription's usage via discovery services
- How IEEE can support institutions setting up and testing subscriptions in discovery services
- How institutions can get the best user experience
- IEEE Xplore - future plans with discovery services
- Questions and Answers
- And much more...
Who would benefit from attending?
- Resource Discovery Librarians/Managers
- Metadata Librarians/Managers
- System Integration Librarians/Managers
- Technical Service Librarians/Managers
- Subject Librarians for Engineering, Computing and/or Technology.
- E-Resource Managers
- Plus those who are interested in learning more.
|Date:||Monday, 8th February 2016|
10:00am - 11:30am
Room & building location:
Room: Training Room 1.08
Thank you to Jenny and colleagues at the University of Edinburgh for hosting this Workshop.
To confirm your attendance, please reserve your ticket for the Workshop, above. A confirmation of your place will be emailed to you.
If you would like to submit any questions, queries or points you'd like to see covered in the Workshop, please email these in advance to Julia@contentonline.co.uk.
Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues and anyone else you think may be interested in attending.
If you have any queries or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to contact myself on 07725 349 885 or via email at Julia@contentonline.co.uk.
Content Online Ltd - UK representative for IEEE
About Julie Zhu, IEEE
Julie is the Discovery Service Relations Manager at the IEEE. As part of her role, Julie manages working relationships with Discovery Service and Link Resolver vendors to ensure and maximise IEEE content visibility and findability in Discovery Service solutions implemented by IEEE institutional customers. Julie also manages and co-ordinates efforts to maximise successful resolution of IEEE content links in Discovery Service results and/or third-party interfaces to IEEE Xplore.
Julie is also an active member of the Delivery to Discovery Topic Committee; KBART Standing Committee; ODI Standing Committee at NISO (National Information Standards Organisation)
Julie was also a speaker at the NISO Forum: The Future of Library Resource Discovery meeting held in October 2015.
About the IEEE
IEEE is the world's largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE's highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
When & Where
Content Online Limited
Content Online Ltd is authorised agent for the IEEE, SAE International, ASME, SMPTE, ASTM International and CINDAS in the UK and ROI. Content Online Ltd is a leading supplier of Journals, Conference Papers, Standards and other publications to academia and industries Europe Wide. Including Construction, Engineering, Academic, Aerospace and Aviation, Government and Defence, Health & Safety and Environment, Food & Drink, Energy, Rail and Transport, Marine and many more. See www.contentonline.co.uk for more.
Meet the Content Online team
If you have any questions about this or would like to discuss any of the above in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact your Content Online Account Manager as follows:
Senior National Account Manager
+44 (0)7725 349 88
National Account Manager
+44 (0)7803 331 032
National Account Manager
+44 (0)7730 427 126