This highly interactive and practical course is designed to provide delegates with a sound knowledge of all elements involved in auditing an Environmental Management System (EMS) and an auditing skill base, in order to:
- Determine compliance and identify areas for improvement against the requirements of ISO 14001 and related standards
- Competently conduct effective audits and implement corrective action programmes
- Identify areas for continuing improvement that provide on-going benefits to your company’s growth and success.
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an IEMA Environmental Auditor.
Our course is approved by the UK Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
Our course will equip delegates with knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), providing them with the skills to competently perform internal EMS audits.
“To have an understanding of Environmental Management Systems and how to internally audit them”
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops and case studies, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and EMAS.
- Identify environmental aspects and determine audit priorities.
- Use our copyrighted “Auditagon” eight staged methodology for understanding the audit process
- Create appropriate audit checklists and improve auditor skills and interviewing techniques.
- Produce professional audit reports and justify cases for corrective action and improvement.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IEMA Environmental Auditor specializing in EMS assessments.
- Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, including basic auditor techniques, environmental policy critique, audit planning, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, and reporting results.
This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
Environmental Aspects and Impacts
Environmental Management Systems
Auditors attributes roles and responsibilities
Environmental Legislation, Regulations and Other requirements
The Principles of Auditing
The Internal audit process
Introduction to the Auditagon©
Classroom auditing role play
Future information and advice
End of course open book assessment
Tutored Audits – following the course, participants have an opportunity for further development where their subsequent in-company EMS audits can be observed and tutored to provide practical on-site training.
Who Should Attend?
Employees who have no knowledge of the internal auditor process
Those responsible for carrying out environmental internal audits
Experienced quality auditors who want to audit environmental management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject.
Environmental auditors needing knowledge of the EMS auditing process.
Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal EMS audits
Booking and Course Fees
At ESP’s training facilities:
- Board Room style training facilities (with access to Costa coffee)
- Delegate manual, including reference information
- Training provided by qualified and experienced tutors with extensive practical management auditing experience across a variety of manufacture and service industries
- Lunch and refreshments during the day (Special dietary requirements can be accommodated)
- Certificate verifying attendance and completion of course
Residential accommodation and evening meal (2 nights) can be arranged.
Variable discounts available if 2 or more delegates are booked on the same course or if the course is held “in house” at a company’s or organisations premises.
Please contact us for further information. Please note that IEMA course regulations stipulate strict delegate numbers and as such this course must have a minimum of four delegates and has a maximum capacity of ten delegates. In the event of minimum numbers not being achieved, a choice of refund of course fees or an alternative course will be offered.
Do you have questions about IEMA Certified Internal EMS Auditor Course - 3 days - December 2016?
Contact the organiser