Actions and Detail Panel
ILM: Feedback skills training for behavioural change
Wed, 22 Feb 2017, 10:00 – Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 16:00 GMT
Two-day ILM 360° Feedback Accreditation Training
This training will provide you with all of the skills necessary to understand the data in a 360 feedback report and use it to provide the maximum development opportunities for the feedback focus.
During and by completion of the training participants will:
- Understand how to create an empowering context for 360° feedback
- Gain clarity on the 360 process, and how it fits with talent and development
- Be introduced to transformational methodologies and tools, which can be applied to affect personal, team and organisational change and development
- Know how to structure a "360º Discovery” discussion session for guaranteed results
- Know how to interpret 360º data accurately and how to generate hypotheses that will generate productive conversations.
- Know how to build in the latest tips from neuroscience in to 360º processes and conversations, and to support permanent change post 360
- Observe and practise the skills required to facilitate a "360º Discovery” discussion.
- Receive feedback to develop your approach and effectiveness.
- Be practised at asking “smart 360º” questions.
- Understand some of the typical situations and emotional responses 360º feedbacks can generate and how to best handle these.
- Be introduced to the "Five step" technique to handling resistance in a feedback meeting.
Outline of the timetable to be followed over the two days
- Introductions and welcome
- Overview of 360º - benefits and limitations, purpose
- Experiencing feedback - giving and receiving feedback on priorities
- The experience of 360º feedback - emotional, intellectual and physical
- What shapes people’s behaviour? How do we change it?
- 360º feedback in your company
- Understanding an example 360º report - interpretation possibilities and loopholes
- Common issues arising from 360º feedback sessions
- Running an effective “360º Discovery” session - a structure for success
- Smart 360º questioning - laser focused questioning
- Deep listening - practising listening with everything you have
- Preparing for 360º - steps to take
- Practise dealing with 360º data - working with real data
- Dealing with resistance - the four-step approach to manage resistance
- Translating insight into action - planning for sustained changes
- Summary and next steps