Whilst SME regional contractors often lead the field in providing benefits and legacies for their communities through their projects, their ability to report and promote their efforts can be hampered through a lack of resource and expertise; potentially affecting their ability to win work with public sector procurers who require evidence of impact and outcomes from CSR activities.
NFB Business & Skills, supported by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) is hosting a series of IMPACT: CSR in construction events with the aim of helping SME contractors to develop, deliver and report on their CSR activities in a way that helps them achieve the benefits an effective CSR strategy can bring.
The Leeds IMPACT event will include:
HAVE YOUR SAY!
During the course of the day you will be asked your views around CSR and the impact you feel activities bring, or could bring, to your business, employees and the community as a whole. These views will be recorded and fed back to industry, thus helping to drive future development.
FOUR KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
1) Our well-known and respected political speaker will discuss the importance of being a responsible business in the construction industry by focussing on investment in skills to support corporate social responsibility impacts.
2) A high-profile public sector client will demonstrate how the purchasing priorities of clients are changing to deliver CSR outputs
3) Our education speaker is recognised for the contribution the organisation had made to people, businesses and communities.
4) A successful regional contractor will showcase their own CSR strategy and activities and highlight the benefits these have provided to its employees, the community and their own business.
The event will also offer those attending a choice of 4 training sessions around CSR. At the time of booking you will be asked to choose from:
Workshop 1: a) Four steps to CSR OR b) How to measure CSR
Workshop 2: a) Developing CSR strategies OR b) Developing and attracting talent to your business
Workshop 3: a) Equality and diversity OR b) Safety, health and wellbeing
Workshop 4: a) Training, education and apprenticeships OR b) Organisational resilience
INTERACTIVE PANEL DISCUSSION
Keynote speakers from the day will join forces to take questions from the audience around CSR and how to overcome barriers and challenges implementation may bring.
ONE TO ONE CLINICS
We have representatives from key industry stakeholders on hand to offer advice, guidance and hands-on support included within the cost of your ticket. These 10-minute clinic sessions will be booked up quickly so be sure to call us on 03450 570 042 and secure your place once you have made your booking. Clinic hosts include:
1. CITB for grant / funding and training plan enquiries
2. Positive Outcomes for information about workbased training opportunities funded by the UK Government
3. CCATF for all your apprenticeship enquiries
4. British Standards Institute (BSI) for advice and guidance on how to make your business resillient to future challenges.