Actions and Detail Panel
Impactful Public Affairs
Wed 29 March 2017, 09:30 – 12:30 BST
This introductory Public Affairs training course provides the building blocks for successful political or regulatory campaigns.
Attendees will gain practical skills and knowledge, including:
- An overview of decision-making across Westminster and Whitehall; devolved institutions; and local government – including the key processes and people.
- How to identify, track and analyse political issues.
- Honing key messages, and communicating these with impact.
- The tactics and techniques that drive successful campaigns.
- Effectively mapping and engaging with your stakeholders.
- Building in media and community engagement to your public affairs strategies.
This course is ideal for those who are new to the public affairs industry, or anyone who needs to learn more about political communications in order to deliver effective integrated communications or policy work.
Typical attendees include public affairs assistants / executives; PR and communications teams; local consultation and community teams; and policy and research staff.
The course will be taught be Westbourne's experienced consultants – using real-life case studies from our work for Uber, HS2, Birmingham Airport and LinkedIn.
Places on this course are limited – with a maximum of twelve delegates attending, allowing participants to explore aspects most relevant to their role, and incorporating sector-specific examples.