Actions and Detail Panel
Implementing Inspire Maths | Five Day Programme (London) C15
Thu, 28 Sep 2017, 08:45 – Fri, 29 Sep 2017, 16:00 BST
Inspire Maths School Improvement: Professional Development
Professional Development for school improvement is at the heart of the Inspire Maths programme. Inspire Maths is a transformational, whole-school, approach to raising pupils’ achievement in maths. The programme of resources is built upon the internationally acclaimed approach to teaching mathematics in Singapore. Inspire Maths School Improvement professional development supports UK classroom practice and wider school improvement. Teachers will be fully supported to ensure the most effective implementation of the Inspire Maths School Improvement programme, transforming the teaching and learning of mathematics in their school.
The five days of intensive support for Primary teachers and Senior Leaders will:
- Introduce the approach to teaching and learning mathematics in Singapore
- Improve teachers’ subject knowledge
- Develop teachers’ pedagogical understanding
- Exemplify effective teaching with Inspire maths through the spiral approach teaching to mastery
- Consider how to embed conceptual understanding and procedural knowledge for deep learning
- Support teachers in planning for implementation and delivery
- Provide opportunities to engage with and share outcomes of classroom based tasks building a professional learning community
When booking please ensure that you are available for all 5 days. Since the course is designed to build on previous practice it will not be possible to send someone else in your place should you be unable to attend any of the days.
Location: Marble Arch ETC, London
Dates: Thursday 28 and Friday 29 September 2017
Friday 2nd February, 2018:
Wednesday 14 and Thursday 15 June, 2018:
Venue: ETC Venues – Marble Arch, Garfield House, 86 Edgware Road, W2 2EA
Timings: 08.45 – 16.00
Please note there is no parking available at this venue. An NCP Car Park can be found nearby.
Cancellation can be made up to four weeks before the event by contacting us directly at email@example.com.