Actions and Detail Panel
Improvers Sewing (& create a zipped 'utility roll')
Sun 19 March 2017, 11:00 – 13:30 GMT
The ‘Improvers Sewing' class is designed to help participants make more of a sewing machine, enhance basic sewing machine skills and is a natural a follow on class to our 'Provisional Driving' or for those who already have some basic sewing machine skills but would like to progress further.
Through this class participants will develop the confidence in inserting zips, making buttonholes and adding bias binding whilst creating your own stylish 'Utility Roll' designed by your teacher Barley Massey.
The skills covered in this morning session will then be put into practise in the afternoon's class to create a simple garment fitted to your body - 'Make a simple & stylish skirt or shorts'. A discount is offered when you book the full day.
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to use different accessories that accompany domestic sewing machines, such as zipper, buttonhole feet.
- Stitch different sizes and styles of buttonholes.
- Attach zips in a variety of ways.
- Apply a bias binding to embelish and finish a raw edge.
- Create your own stylish 'Utility Roll' (suitable for your sewing notions, make up, pencils/brushes etc)
For more information on Fabrications and our classes, please visit our Website
Booking Terms & Conditions