Actions and Detail Panel
Improving employment outcomes for young people with SEND
Mon 6 March 2017, 09:30 – 14:45 GMT
Newcastle City Council has been a national demonstration site for the Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) programme, supported by the National Development Team for Inclusion. This day is a chance to find out what has changed and what has improved in the last year for young people with SEND in Newcastle.
- An Education, Health and Care Plan focussed on PfA outcomes.
- More employment opportunities. Learn from: Project Choice, City Learning, New Venture, New Traxs, Liberdade, Skimstone Arts and others.
- Hear from parents and young people about how their lives have changed.
- Find out how personal budgets can help flexible planning.
- Listen to what other areas are doing and help to plan how things will continue to improve in the future.
The day is open to schools, colleges, parents, carers, young people and those working with them in Newcastle, and there will be up to 5 places reserved for the other eleven regional local authorities in the North East. Lunch will be included.
Please note, there is very little parking at Gosforth Civic Hall but there is a large multi-storey car park at the Regent Centre Metro (Great North Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 3PF), which is less than 5 minutes' walk away.