Improving your Commercial Awareness - with ICAEW
ICAEW will be running this exciting skills session!
About the session:
The commercial awareness session is aimed at students interested in a career in chartered accountancy. Commercial awareness is a key attribute that employers are looking for candidates to demonstrate throughout the recruitment process. ICAEW’s session will draw upon your current commercial awareness and provide you with top tips on how you can continue to develop it – so you’re fully prepared.
What will the session cover?
In a team you will act as business advisers; analysing real-life business scenarios, evaluating the market and putting business proposals together. Working against the clock, your team will assess opportunities and challenges facing the organisation, make strategic decisions and present your recommendations.
The case study will challenge you to think about:
• Business competition;
• External and internal influences
• Current challenges facing the business using content and models covered in the ACA module Business and Finance.
What will you gain?
• The ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective
• Recognition of what makes a business successful and identify factors that influence success
• A good understanding of business processes, relationships, risks and costs
• Employability skills such as assessment centre/interview practice and soft skills including team working, presentation skills and time management.
ICAEW stands for The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and we are a world leader of the accountancy and finance profession. We support our global network of authorised training employers in attracting talented students to train for our chartered accountancy qualification, the ACA.
Attending this session will count towards the Plymouth Award (1 hour in the Working Life category).
Drop in to the Careers & Employability Hub in RLB to chat our friendly team and find out more information on what’s on and how we can help you prepare.
Or check us out by visiting:
Phone: 01752 587456