Actions and Detail Panel
Increasing Classroom Engagement with Poll Everywhere
Thu 9 February 2017, 14:00 – 16:00 GMT
Who is this workshop for?
Colleagues who teach and who want to explore the use of electronic voting to encourage students to become active participants in teaching sessions, increasing formative assessment and feedback opportunities.
What will I get out of this?
By the end of the session you will have had the opportunity to:
- Use Poll Everywhere to create questions to use in your teaching sessions including multiple choice, short answer and clickable image
- Identify eight ways to use Poll Everywhere in learning and teaching
- Use Poll Everywhere to present a min-interactive lecture to the group What is involved in the workshop? The session involves
- Participating in an interactive presentation, responding to questions using a mobile device.
- Identifying learning and teaching techniques you can use, based on case studies
- Creating some questions of your own
- Practising presenting a few questions to the group
- There will be plenty of hands-on practice time
Is there anything I need to know before booking a place?
The workshop makes use of mobile devices to respond to questions, for example smart phones or tablet computers. If you have your own, please bring it to the session. If not, you can make use of the equipment we have available on the day.