Actions and Detail Panel
Increasing Participation in Your Project - Inverness
Tue 9 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Many community organisations find the most challenging part of their projects is encouraging people to get involved with their project.
This workshop will help you to develop a more effective plan to promote your project and improve engagement. In it you’ll learn how to: develop an elevator pitch; have more productive outreach activities; map opportunities to link with other community organisations; improve the experience of participants in your project; write a press release and engage with the media and effectively use an variety of online platforms.
Delivered by Keep Scotland Beautiful as part of the Capacity Building Programme for the CCF. The workshop starts at 10am with registration from 9.30am.
Aims of the day
During the day we will:
- Explore a range of project tools that can be used to plan engagement activities
- Develop an engagement strategy for your project
- Explore how to make use of a variety of traditional and online media channels
By the end of the day you will:
- Feel confident you can communicate concisely why you project is so great in a variety of media
- Have a clear plan for spreading the word about your project within the community
- Have a clear plan for how people can take part in your project and have a positive experience
Who’s this event for?
Anyone who is responsible for increasing participation in a community led project. You may be involved in marketing, outreach events, promotion, or project delivery.