Each year, 140 million workdays are lost due to sickness absence with £9 billion being spent on sick pay and associated costs. Early intervention is the key to avoiding absence and supports an early return to work.
With over 70 years’ experience supporting employers and disabled people in mainstream employment Remploy can help. They have created a selection of specialist services to help businesses create a more supportive environment for all staff, helping improve staff turnover, retain experience and knowledge and reduce the costs of sickness and absence. The services are operated nationally are at no cost to the employer.
This event will look at:
Access to Work Mental Health Support Service
• Free and available to anybody in employment
• Impartial, confidential support
• Tailored programme for 6 months
• The focus is on wellbeing and productivity in the workplace
• Delivered by Remploy’s Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
In work support service
• Practical advice and specialist in-work support designed to help those with a disability or health condition which is having an impact on their ability to do their job effectively.
• Support from an experienced advisor who will learn and understand the role, then make suggestions on the adjustments that are needed.
Fit for Work
• A confidential, early intervention service providing support for you and for employees who have been out of work for 4 weeks.
• The service helps employees to return to work in a managed way.
• Assessments are carried out by occupational health professionals
• A ‘return to work plan’ is created
With a wealth of experience supporting employers to attract and retain good staff, Ann Thadzi is particularly passionate about the work of Remploy and is keen to inform and educate you on what the 3 schemes are and how they are of benefit to employers and their staff.
Delegates should arrive at 09:30 for coffee and networking. The event will run from 10:00 to 12:30, after that attendees are welcome to stay on and network in the Becketts Farm cafe where they can buy lunch if required.
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.
What is the refund policy?
Bookings can be cancelled up until Monday 11 April, after that the delegate fee is non-refundable
When & Where
CIPD Birmingham Branch
The CIPD Birmingham branch provides opportunities for its 2500 members to network with local HR and L& D professionals, to continue with their professional development and remain up to date with HR issues. There is an active programme of events through the year and you can find details of the upcoming events listed below. For further details just click on the event you are interested in and you can then book your place online.
Unless otherwise stated branch events are free for CIPD members to attend, and there is a non-member fee of £15 which must be paid online when booking.
Birmingham branch is part of the CIPD Midlands Area Partnership (MAP) which holds an Annual Midlands Event in October. The 2017 event will take place on Saturday 7 October at Chesford Grange Hotel in Warwickshire. MAP is also organising a Midlands Student Conference Empowering the Future Leaders of HR on Saturday 11 March at Aston University. You can find out more on the MAP events website.
The CIPD Birmingham branch committee look forward to seeing you at our events and if you would like any further information please contact the Regional Branch Co-ordinator Eleanor Lloyd Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0116 235 7992