This is an induction day for new volunteers and paid staff that will be supporting the GT Scholars Programme. You must have completed an interview with a member of our team before attending an induction day. The induction day must be attended by all new staff and volunteers working directly with young people. Volunteer ambassadors are not required to attend these sessions but you are welcome to join us on the day.
The induction day will give you a chance to find out more about GT Scholars. We will also be covering essential child protection and safeguarding information. We will also be using the day to session to get to know you better. By the end of the induction day, you should have a better understanding of our programmes, workshops and courses and the difference you can make through your role.
Any existing team members should try to attend these sessions at least once a year, particularly tutors, mentors and facilitators.
Please do not forget to bring original versions of documents needed for your Enhanced DBS check. Bring your orginal documents:
- Photo ID - This can be a valid passport or photocard driving licence
- Two documents with proof of ID this can be a recent bank statement, credit card statement or utility bill
- Degree certificates (if you are a graduate)
- Enhanced DBS check (if this was issued within the past 2 years)
- Any other documents you may need for the DBS check can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/documents-the-applicant-must-provide-
If you are able to meet us to show your documents before the induction date, we will be happy to arrange this as it will mean that we can start your DBS check before the induction date.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the induction day or need to arrange an earlier meeting with a member of the team.
Directions to The Sussex Innovation Centre can be found here.
Date and Time
Sussex Innovation Centre (Opposite East Croydon Station)
Number 1 Croydon
12-16 Addiscombe Road