Actions and Detail Panel
Industrial Relations Masterclass - Central Manchester
Wed 10 May 2017, 09:30 – 17:00 BST
Many Industrial Relations practitioners and those with a keen interest in Industrial Relations, are often consumed with a busy internal workload that prevents them from taking time out for professional development. Yet, taking time to consider current developments, think through issues, meet peers and hear from Industrial Relations specialists in a safe, confidential environment, can be of huge benefit, even for the most seasoned professional.
This Masterclass is led by Andy Cook and also features a leading Employment Lawyer experienced in Industrial Relations. There will be a session with s senior trade union figure as well. The day is highly interactive, with much time for discussion, reflection and strategising. You will have the chance to discuss issues that are of concern to you in a confidential setting, think through solutions and take this thinking back to your workplace.
Why attend this Masterclass?
This masterclass offers a unique opportunity for professionals to come together and immerse themselves in the topic. You will have the opportunity to:-
- Refresh your knowledge of the trade union environment and key, upcoming developments
- Explore the international labour and union environment
- Discuss case studies a leading Lawyer and former barrister
- Hear from and put your questions to a senior trade union representative
- Share experiences with your peers, drawn from many other organisations about their issues and challenges
Who Is this Masterclass for?
This Masterclass is designed for those who have responsibility for Industrial Relations, Labour Relations and Union Relationships inside their organisation. This Masterclass will appeal to those who are specialists in IR, HR people and General Managers.
What will I get out of this Masterclass?
- A refresh of the domestic (UK) landscape of trade unions, together with any significant events and developments of which to be aware
- An overview of the international labour context including the International Labour Organisation, global unions, International Framework Agreements (IFAs) and campaigns that affect employers
- Case studies on disputes, legal cases and other experiences of things that have gone well and not so well
- A discussion and Q&A with a senior trade union figure
- Views and experiences from peers, which may provide strategies and ideas to take back to the workplace.
- Developing a network of contacts with which to network and draw on after the Masterclass.
About Andy Cook
This masterclasss will be led and facilitated by Andy Cook. Andy has a long track record of working with domestic and global businesses on disputes and issues, together with Industrial Relations / Employee Relations strategy. He has been involved in many of the most high profile disputes in recent years, has extensive international experience and is a regular contributor to the media. For more information please visit www.mjerl.com/andy-cook-ceo
What is included
Full catering will be provided, including lunch, tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day.
This masterclass can also be held in-house, please get in touch to find out more.