San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Infobite: DBS - who needs a check?
Thursday 21st January 2016
Who is this infobite for?
This short and sweet infobite is an information session for anyone wanting to understand more about the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), who needs a DBS check and how the process works.
What does it focus on?
The course will cover:
- What the purpose of DBS checks is
- How to decide whether your staff and/or volunteers need to have a DBS check needs a DBS check
- Exploration of the DBS process, from start to finish
- Discussion on DBS passports and the new online DBS service
- .... and much more!
After the training, you will...
- Have a greater understanding of the importance of DBS checks and the process in full
- Understand the importance of verifying your own staff and volunteer safeguarding policies
- Know which of your staff and volunteers require a DBS check and be confident completing the applications for this.
The finer details.
Venue: St Crispin Retirement Village, St Crispin Drive, Northampton
Registration and refreshments from 9.45am
The small print.
If you have any questions about this training please contact email@example.com
Bookings for each session will close 3 full days prior to the training. If minimum bookings have not been made the session will be rescheduled.
VIN cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made in writing. VIN is happy to substitute a delegate within the organisation to allow for any emergencies, such as sickness.
When & Where
Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire
Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire delivers countywide voluntary sector support and development on behalf of Northamptonshire County Council. We support voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations to maximise their effectiveness; we enable individuals to contribute to their community through volunteering; and we encourage the VCS to become more flexible in its approach to the current and changing environment.