Actions and Detail Panel
INI Satellite Workshop: Future Directions in Network Mathematics
Mon, 21 Nov 2016, 09:00 – Tue, 22 Nov 2016, 17:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Isaac Newton Institute Satellite Workshop: Future Directions in Network Mathematics
Organisers: Mohamed Ali Belabbas (U. Illinois, USA), Sofia Olhede (UCL, UK), Patrick Wolfe (UCL, UK)
November 21st and 22nd, The Royal Society, Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG
This event is the Satellite Workshop for the 6-month Isaac Newton Programme in Statistical Network Analysis, taking place in Cambridge, UK.
Event summary: A deep understanding of graphs and networks takes inspiration from many different branches of mathematics, ranging from discrete mathematics, spectral methods and optimization through to geometry and topology. This workshop aims to bring various of these areas together in order both to interface with mathematical statistics, and to anticipate rich future areas of cross-fertilisation. Each of the topics over 2 days will consist of an introductory overview lecture followed by 2-3 more specialised talks which will nevertheless be accessible to a general mathematics audience. Plenty of time will be left for convivial scientific discussion amongst the attendees over the two days of the workshop.
Special sessions include:
- Distributed optimization and control of networks
- Topology and networks
- Trees & branching processes
Confirmed speakers are:
- Svante Janson (Uppsala University, Sweden)
- Maria Deijfen (Stockholm University, Sweden)
- Perla Sousi (Cambridge, UK)
- Steve Morse (Yale, USA)
- Angelia Nedich (Arizona State University, USA)
- Julien Hendrickx (UC Louvain, Belgium)
- Anders Rantzer (Lund University, Sweden)
- Dan Kral (U. Warwick, UK)
- Bruce Hajek (U. Illinois, USA)
- Van Vu (Yale, USA)
- Oleg Pikhurko (U. Warwick, UK)
- Pawel Dlotko (Inria, France)
- Matthew Kahle (Ohio State, USA)
- Yuliy Baryshnikov (U. Illinois, USA)
The event schedule is now available.
Please register via Eventbrite. Registration costs £45 which grants admission to both days of the workshop, and includes lunch and daytime refreshments. Spaces are limited so please register soon!
Participants requiring accommodation may wish to consider one of the following nearby hotels. Unfortunately, participant accommodation expenses cannot be covered by the workshop.
- Strand Palace, London, 372 The Strand, The Strand, London, WC2R 0JJ. 020 7379 4737
- Royal Trafalgar Hotel, London, Whitcomb Street, Charing Cross, London, WC2H 7HG. 020 7930 4477
- Amba Hotel Charing Cross, London, The Strand, London, WC2N 5HX. 087 1376 9012