This is a package of two courses which have been developed for practicing electrical who want to carry out Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations. The course package is also suitable for those who wish to upgrade their skills in initial verification, certification, periodic inspection & testing of electrical installations
Initial Verification would make candidate understand the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations with regulations and requirements. It is recommended for candidates have basic electrical knowledge and experience of electrical installation.
After completing the course candidates will understand the requirements for:
• Completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
• Initial verification of electrical installations
• Completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
• Safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
• Testing before circuits are energised
• Testing energised installations
• The completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documents.
During this course candidates would be taught the principles, practices and legislation for Periodic Inspection and Testing and reporting of electrical installations in accordance with regulations and requirements.
The course will ensure that candidate:
• Recognise all relevant statutory and non-statutory regulation and guidance
• Understand the importance of periodic inspection and testing
• Understand the importance of conduction reporting
• Know how to use testing equipment
• Can carry out polarity and earth electrode test
• Being able to do recording of results
In order to gain the valuable qualification you would be required to sit the following exams:
• A multi-choice online exams for Initial and fundamental inspection
• A multi-choice online exam for periodic inspection and testing
• Practical exam for Initial and fundamental inspection
• Practical exam for periodic inspection and testing
Students are strongly recommended to have a qualification in 17th edition 2382 or equivalent. There are also two books which are mandatory to complete this course:
• 17th Edition writing regulation ISBN: 0750687193
• Guidance Note 3 : ISBN : 978-1-84919-257-0
Course Date: 7,8,9,21,22,23 September 2016
Contact: KE Training on 02035982067 or 07834035582 or visit our website.
£1350 (including exam fees and one to one extended exam preparation support)