More and more of us are becoming aware that the more resilient and life-enhancing world we long for requires a process of inner transition and a re-membering of how to connect with ourselves, others and nature.
The territory of “Inner Transition” is broad, powerful, fascinating and sometimes challenging to pin down, explain or organise.
This two day workshop explores this inner dimension vital for our transition to the future we really want.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
If you are part of – or would like to be part of a project creating change towards a more sustainable, resilient, enjoyable and inclusive future and you want some time to look at the inner part of that process, this workshop could be just right for you.
WHAT WILL THE WORKSHOP INVOLVE?
Bringing together people involved in different grassroots projects, individuals on their own journey of change, and people from within the Transition movement, we’ll explore questions such as:
- How can we best go about creating vibrant, sustainable change towards a better way of living on this beautiful planet?
- What has already been done to combine inner insight and processes with practical action to make a more resilient and effective project or movement? Sharing examples from Transition and other projects.
- Why do a lot of movements for change cause burnout, and how can we prevent it?
- How can we create networks of mutual support through these times?
- What are the next steps towards doing more of all of this?
The workshop includes a wide variety of activities - teaching, experiential work, a lot of discussion and sharing among participants, different structures which engage mind, body, feelings, as well as inviting our connection to a wider field of wisdom and possibility.
The specific content will be shaped by the needs of the participants/local Transition activity drawing on the wide range of material that the facilitation team have available to them to share these themes and teachings.
We are keen that no-one is prevented from participating in this workshop due to lack of funds. We are offering this (non-residential) workshop on a SLIDING SCALE FROM £40 - £150. If this still feels unaffordable please email firstname.lastname@example.org to disucss this.
- SOPHY BANKS - co-founder of Inner Transition withn the Transition Network. This will be the LAST CHANCE to experience this training with Sophy as after coordinating Inner Transition within the international Transition Network, Sophy has recently moved on to explore different pastures.
- CLAIRE MILNE - Transition Network's new International Inner Transition Coordinator who was most recently working and living at Ecodharma, a land-based education centre and community in the Catalunyan Pyrenees, delivering trainings to support activists around burnout and collaborative groups. Claire was previously very active in Transition and local food activities across Bristol, including being a founding member of Transition Bristol, coordinating the No Tesco in Stokes Croft campaign, coordinating Bristol Food Hub and working as consultant Sustainable Food Coordinator for Bristol City Council.
Saturday 22 Oct 9.45am until 5.30pm
Sunday 23 Oct 9.30am until 5pm
If you are coming from outside of Bristol and will need accommodation please let us know so we can help you find somewhere to stay.
Please email email@example.com to find out more.