We are proud and overwhelmed by the amount of registrations for the Innovating Justice Boostcamp in Kampala, which has just sold out. On behalf of HiiL we are happy to announce that we have confirmed the Jury, Panelists and Keynote speakers for the Kampala Boostcamp!
Geoffrey Kiryabwire, a Ugandan Judge and a justice of the Commercial Division of the High Court of Uganda will be our honorable opening speaker.
Furthermore, the jury is composed of five very inspiring figures and experts in the fields of Justice and SME’s in Uganda:
- Maureen Nahwera: the Senior Governance Advisor at the Embassy of Sweden in Kampala
- Davis Baasha: the Regional Director and Senior Advisor at the BiD Network Foundation
- Sophie Racine: a Component Manager, Rights, Justice and Peace at the Democratic Governance Facility in Uganda.
- Sylvia Tamale: the first female dean of the Faculty of Law and Jurisprudence at Makerere University in Kampala
- We are waiting for one more jury confirmation.
The jury will assess the pitches of our 6 Ugandan semi-finalists for the Innovating Justice Awards 2016!
Finally, the speaker panel is composed of three wonderful experts:
- Phiona Mirembe: an attorney and managing partner at Mirembe & Co Advocates
- Swizin Kinga: Commissioner of Local Councils Development at the Ministry of Local Government
- Carolyne Kirabo : investment manager for Yunus Social Business (Agrofin)
To close the event we have invited Gerald Abila the Founder and Director of Barefootlaw. As an entrepreneur and Innovating Justice Award winner in 2015 we believe that Gerald can inspire and provide insightful information to the semi-finalists at the event!
We look forward to seeing all of you at this exciting first event in Kampala!
The Ugandan semi-finalist justice innovations that will be pitching at the Boostcamp are:
16:00-16:30: Arrival & registration
16:30-16:40: Welcome by HiiL
16:40-17:00: Keynote: ‘Achievements and Perspectives in Innovative Justice Solutions and Access to Justice in Uganda’
17:00-18:00: Pitches by Justice Entrepreneurs
18:00-18:30: Coffee break
18:30-19:15: Co-creation Sessions with Entrepreneurs
19:15-20:00: Panel session: ‘Investing in Family Justice and Entrepreneurship’
20:00-20:20: Jury Debrief
20:20-20:30: Closing Remarks
20:30-21:30: Networking Drinks & Music