As the need to transform our services increases, everyone in our talented workforce needs to create new ideas and adapt or adopt innovative solutions.
This one-day workshop will enhance your creative and innovation skills so you can promote service improvement, personal and team satisfaction, and great quality care. It is delivered by Lex McKee, a presenter, author, producer, professional photographer… and above all a Vital Ideas Person (VIP).
Everyone is a VIP and possesses unique intellectual property. To build upon and release this capacity, Lex focusses on three strands of work: communication, management and leadership. This culminates in allowing you and others to harness your natural creativity and engage in innovative and successful service improvement projects.
The event is of particular interest to anyone who:
- Wants to increase confidence in their own creative ability and develop creative solutions to work challenges.
- Is curious about how to transform ideas into practical action.
- Is keen to gain more job and team satisfaction by expressing natural creativity.
- Seeks to offer innovative service improvements.
- Is passionate about delivering great care based on being able to think creatively at short notice or under pressure.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Recognise your own natural creative style as a VIP and be able to work effectively with other creative styles.
- Cultivate an environment and culture of creativity.
- Use mind mapping to capture, clarify and communicate creative ideas.
- Move ideas through a systematic process to a practical innovative output.
9.00 - Welcome
9.30 - Communicating Creativity: everyone is creative but not in the same way – the first section will include an enjoyable assessment to highlight the different ways we choose to communicate our creativity.
11.00 - Break
11.30 - Creating a Creative Environment and Culture: exploring the ergonomics, tools, timing and mindset for creativity.
13.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Capturing Creativity: creative thinking needs a capture tool – so we will explore mind mapping as a way to capture, clarify and communicate creative ideas.
15.00 - Break
15.30 - Concluding Creativity: ideas must morph into innovative action. The final section will work through how to use all four of the creative communication styles discovered in the first section to create actionable outputs that transform service delivery.
16.30 - Informal networking for those who wish to participate.