JOIN US AT LIVE CONNECTED 2016
A MAJOR EVENT TO REVEAL THE VISION & AMBITION OF THE NEW INNOVATION CENTRE AT HERE EAST, QUEEN ELIZABETH OLYMPIC PARK ON THURSDAY 27th OCTOBER.
FEATURING DAME SARAH STOREY, DBE - BRITAIN'S MOST DECORATED FEMALE PARALYMPIAN
Part of the legacy of London’s 2012 Olympics, the Innovation Centre will be the stage for experimentation, design and performance for entrepreneurs and big business alike; a home for creating beautiful and connected new products in fields such as Sport, Health, Fashion, IoT and Mobility.
Live Connected 2016 will showcase the core belief of the Innovation Centre – that a community should exist where start-ups and corporates can come together through technology, design and enterprise; a place where they will connect, create and cultivate the game-changing products that will make our lives better.
An inspiring line-up of speakers from the worlds of sport, technology, health and fashion will provide insights, debate and discussion.
Sessions will explore the themes of connectivity:
- The rise of connected products
- The emergence of platform-based companies
- The role of digital ecosystems in championing technology & innovation
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dame Sarah Storey, DBE, Team GB’s most decorated Paralympian
- Jess Butcher, Co-founder, Blippar
- Gerard Grech, CEO, Tech City UK
- Simon Jones, Head of innovation & Performance, Team Sky
- Nina Bhatia, Managing Director of Connected Homes, Centrica
- Liam Maxwell, National Technology Adviser, HM Government
- David Goldstone MBE, Chief Executive, London Legacy Development Corporation
- Professor Mike Caine, Dean, Loughborough University London
- Anna Watkins, CEO, Mofilm
- Emma Wright, Commercial Technology Partner, Kemp Little
- Yonatan Raz-Fridman, Co-founder, Kano
- Professor Andy Miah, Chair in Science Communications & Future Media, Salford University
- Dr Catherine Holloway, Senior Lecturer, UCL
- Paul Sohi, Product Designer, Autodesk
- Lee Bryant, Co-founder, PostShift
- Anne-Marie Imafidon, Co-founder, Stemettes
- Harry Briggs, Partner, BGF Ventures
- Julia Streets, CEO, Streets Consulting
- Jeni Tennison, CEO, Open Data Institute
Away from the main stage, some of the UK’s most exciting start-ups will be running interactive live demos throughout the evening. From VR firm Virtual Umbrella and 3D printers MakersCAFE, to navigation pioneers and healthtech business Racefully, Live Connected 2016 will provide real-life demonstrations of British lifetech at its best.
After the event, please join us for a reception and the chance to meet the team behind the Innovation Centre.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Date: Thursday, 27th October 2016
Location: Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 3BS
Timings: 16:30 to 20:00 (BST)