Actions and Detail Panel
Inside Knowledge 2017: The BIID business success conference
Thu, June 8, 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM BST
Inside Knowledge: the BIID business success conference
8th June 2017
Inside Knowledge: the BIID business success conference is the flagship event from the British Institute of Interior Design (BIID), the UK’s professional body for interior designers. Taking place on Thursday 8th June at 30 Euston Square in London, this one day event will feature inspiring and informative sessions to help interior designers to develop and grow their businesses.
This year's conference will be focused on practical professional support to help interior designers develop their businesses. Over ¾ of UK interior design practices are small businesses with fewer than 4 employees. Even the largest and most complex of interiors are often designed by a small team where team members may be juggling their work transforming spaces with marketing, PR, branding, business planning, negotiating, people management and much more. Inside Knowledge is a one day event for these busy designers. It is the only UK conference developed for and by working interior designers. Through a programme of talks, panels and case studies speakers will share knowledge, practical skills and best practice with attendees. Our aim is for delegates to go back to work the next day with ideas they can apply to their business straight away.
To view the programme please visit our dedicated conference website: www.BIIDconference.com
Success Case Study: How I pivoted my business from residential to commercial - Using her own success story, BIID Past President and award winning interior designer, Lori Pinkerton-Rolet, will highlight fundamental skills sets, marketing approaches and information required to introduce commercial projects into a residential design practice.
Building a Great Interiors Brand: What it takes to become a brand name - Chaired by BIID President Elect Charles Leon, this panel discussion will see Karen Howes, interior designer and co-founder of Taylor Howes and Alex De Blonay, co-founder and brand strategist of Pure DNA, and Nick Cross, brand strategist and founder of Tag Red who will explore the elements that make a great and enduring interiors brand.
Secrets of survival: Running a business, staying creative and maintaining your sanity after 25 years in interior design - Forming a live discussion on stage, renowned designers Joanna Wood of Joanna Wood Ltd and Dickie Bannenberg of Bannenberg Rowell will delve into the essential ingredients that have been key to their successful careers.
Mark-ups and handling fees: a financial and ethical time bomb? - In this session, a leading panel of experts will try and bring clarity to the extremely complex issue of mark-ups and handling fees. Chaired by BIID President, Susie Rumbold, panellists include Colin Jones, partner at Hewitsons solicitors, David Keirle, founder and chairman of KSS architects, and Rachel Smart, founder of Rachel Smart Ltd, design business consultant and strategist.
This day is BIID CPD accredited and is worth 6 CPD hours.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking, please send a refund request via EventBrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received by 5.00pm GMT on 31st May 2017.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking by 5.00pm GMT on 31st May 2017..
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted, but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event will be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information you enter as part of your booking will be kept on a database.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.