Insight into the Charity Sector webinar - recording
Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 11:00 - Monday, 1 August 2016 at 14:00 (GMT)
Recording of the Insight into the Charity Sector webinar run on the 25th November 2015 by Katie Bisaro.
Here's the descreption of the original webinar.
In this interactive webinar we will explore the following questions:
- What are the key characteristics of the charity sector?
- Who are the key employers within this sector?
- How does international development fit within the charity sector?
- What are the routes into this competitive field?
- What are the resources available to support students and graduates into this sector?
- This course is for staff with an interest in learning more about the charity sector, and/or a role which includes supporting students and graduates to break into the charity sector.
This webinar will enable you to:
- Explore the dynamics of the charity sector and different stakeholders within it such as United Nations agencies, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), donors and local charities
- Explore the different roles available to graduates looking to break into or progress within the charity sector
- Consider key themes such as routes into the sector, the benefits of a post graduate qualification in the sector, and what is meant by ‘relevant experience’
- Access a range of resources to support students looking to break into the sector
- Share your ideas, questions and learning with your fellow participants
Benefits / Learning outcomes
- Develop your understanding of the charity sector and its various stakeholders
- Develop your understanding of how to support students and graduates wanting to break into the charity sector
- Refresh your knowledge of the relevant literature and resources
- Develop your understanding of key themes within the charity sector such as what constitutes relevant experience and the value of a post graduate qualification
- Explore and discuss routes into the sector
Prior to joining The Careers Group as a Careers Consultant in 2013, Katie spent 7 years working in International Development with research roles in South East Asia and West Africa, and spent over 5 years at Save the Children London Headquarters as a programme manager in the global programmes division. She will draw on this experience throughout the webinar whilst facilitating interactive discussion among participants.