Actions and Detail Panel
Inspire Maths | EYFS Day (Oxford)
Fri 16 June 2017, 08:45 – 16:00 BST
Inspire Maths School Improvement: EYFS Day
Join us for this enjoyable and interactive session where we will explore the Inspire Maths approach as well as how to embed deep conceptual understanding and support successful transition from Foundation Stage to KS1.
In this session we will investigate:
- how to ensure a successful transition from Foundation stage to Inspire Maths 1
- the core principles of the Singapore approach to the teaching and learning of mathematics. What is it? Why does it work? How does it work?
- how to embed deep conceptual understanding
- the theories underpinning Inspire Maths
- the development of early mathematical thinking, number sense, fluency and mathematical conversations
- how you can ensure that children have secure foundations and are ready for KS1
This is an interactive workshop where you will be doing the maths, considering how to engage the children in some tricky concepts whilst having an enjoyable, stimulating and thought provoking time. You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
Dates: 16th June 2017
Venue: The Maths Institute, Andrew Wiles Building, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6GG
Timings: 08.45 – 15.45 (Coffee and Registration from 08.45; 09.00 start).
Please note there is no parking available at this venue.
Cancellation can be made up to four weeks before the event by contacting us directly at email@example.com