New Scientist presents...
Instant Expert: The Future of Human Health
Hear about today’s cutting-edge research into the medicines of tomorrow. Learn how mind-blowing new tools like gene editing, stem cells, and immunotherapies are moving closer to reality, so when disease strikes in the future, our faulty body parts will be reprogrammed, regenerated and if necessary, completely replaced.
Come to our one-day masterclass and let six leading experts guide you through this groundbreaking area of science.
- Fiona Watt, director of the Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine at King's College London
- Catharien Hilkens, reader in immunotherapy at Newcastle University
- Nick Davis, senior lecturer, psychologist and neuroscientist at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Plus, 3 more speakers to be announced
- Hosted by Clare Wilson, New Scientist medical reporter
Today we are living ever longer lives, with medical treatments now available – such as heart transplants, IVF and electrical brain stimulation – that would once have seemed unthinkable. So what will be the radical new therapies of the future?
This event will bring into focus the great strides being made in understanding how the body works, at the level of cells, molecules and our genetic code, whilst exploring how these insights are starting to be translated into new opportunities for healing and repair. What will the future look like when biology is no longer our destiny?
Topics covered will include:
- Gene editing
- Stem cells
- Immune engineering
- And much more
Who should attend?
You are curious about how your body works. Popular articles have whetted your appetite and you want to learn about the frontiers of research from scientists at the coalface.
What's included in your ticket:
- In-depth and engaging talks from 6 leading experts
- Ask-an-expert Question Time session
- Your chance to meet our six speakers and host Clare Wilson
- Buffet lunch, plus morning and afternoon refreshments
- Exclusive Instant Expert certificate
- Exclusive on-the-day New Scientist subscription deal, book and merchandise offers
- The event will be held in the Brunei Auditorium at RCGP / 30 Euston Square.
- Doors to the Auditorium will open at 9:15am, with talks commencing at 10am sharp. The event will finish at 5pm.
- We require the name of each person attending - please ensure this is provided at the time of booking. If you need to change the name of an attendee, please notify us as soon as possible: email@example.com
- Eventbrite will email you your ticket(s) immediately after purchase. Please remember to bring your ticket with you as you'll need it to gain entry. We can scan tickets from a print out, or off the screen of a phone / tablet / smartwatch.
- The ticket price includes a buffet lunch, as well as morning and afternoon refreshments.
- The schedule / exact running order for the day will be confirmed closer to the event, and will be emailed to all ticket holders.
- Should you require details about disabled access, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable to any other New Scientist event.
- New Scientist reserves the right to alter the event and its line-up, or cancel the event. In the unlikely event of cancellation, all tickets will be fully refunded. Neither New Scientist nor its parent company will be liable for any additional expenses incurred by ticket holders in relation to the event.
- Tickets are subject to availability and are only available in advance through Eventbrite.
- A minimum of 100 early bird discount tickets are available priced at £129 (saving £20 on the full ticket price of £149).
- No concessionary tickets are available for this event.